We know how expensive downtime can be
That’s why we offer quick, responsive, service and repair for all Hennig and non-Hennig machine covers, chip conveyors, and any other machine tool components that experience wear and tear. With our experienced technicians, it doesn’t matter who manufactured the original product, the end result must absolutely meet Hennig standards for quality and safety before we will consider it finished.Request a Quote
Before Hennig Repair
After Hennig Repair
Scope of Services
- Preventative and Predictive Maintenance
- Way cover diagnostics and troubleshooting
- Extensive replacement spare parts inventory
- On-Site repairs, uninstall and reinstall of Hennig chip conveyors, including replacement conveyor belts
- On-Site repairs of way covers of any make on the market
- Logistics services for minimum downtime
Products We Service
- Telescopic Steel Covers
- Bellow Covers
- Aprons & Roll Ups
- Modular Face Shield Systems
- Wiper Systems
- Machine Enclosures
- Hennig Chip Conveyors
- Chip Disc Filtration
- Walk-On Pit Covers
Service & Repair FAQ's
WHICH REPAIR AND MAINTENANCE SERVICE DOES HENNIG OFFER?
We offer our customers the following services for our telescopic covers:
- Diagnostics and troubleshooting for covers
- Comprehensive spare parts inventory
- On-site cover repairs where possible
HOW RESPONSIVE IS HENNIG'S SERVICE?
After the cover has arrived in our service department your cover will be evaluated and a quotation sent out to you quickly. Expedite options may be available if you require a cover to be repaired quickly to get your machine up and running again.
WHAT TYPES OF TELESCOPIC COVER DO YOU REPAIR?
At Hennig, we repair all types of HENNIG telescopic steel covers from partner companies and other manufacturers, as well as covers fitted by well-known OEM machine tool manufacturers such as: Mazak, Okuma, Doosan, Matsuura, Fanuc, etc.
HOW DO I KNOW IF MY TELESCOPIC COVER NEEDS A REPAIR SOON?
The failure of a telescopic steel cover is usually indicated in advance by certain signs. Below are seven points that indicate a defective cover. If your cover needs repair, please inform Hennig's service team.
- Streaks forming on the cover, chips collecting under the sealing lip, or the wipers becoming porous are indicators that it is time to change the scrapers. Wipers should be inspected at least weekly and replaced if necessary.
- Does the cover squeak when processing your parts? Then the glide and roller elements inside the cover should be examined.
- Does the cover shake or vibrate when moving? Then you should have the geometry checked.
- If you have dropped a tool or workpiece on the cover, a new box element may be necessary. In such a case, please contact us.
- Does your positively guided cover move unevenly? Then part of the guide elements could be defective.
- If you hear loud impact noises when the cover is closed or pulled out, this may indicate defective damping elements in the cover.
- Sometimes it can just be a rusty surface, which not only spoils the visual impression, but also has a negative impact on the service life of the wipers/sealing elements.