Bridge the Safety Gap
Safety Pit Covers offer a removable solution for deep pits built to hold heavy machinery or contain hazardous chemicals, exposed ways, linear guides, and tanks of all sizes. Regardless of the size of the area being protected, these covers will easily endure constant use and support the weight of heavy chip loads and personnel (dependent on material).
Our covers are ideal for applications that require load-bearing protection. We design and build custom pit covers that fit your unique environment.
OSHA Safety Compliant
You don't have to sacrifice safety for accessibility. Work with our facility safety experts to design and build custom pit covers with the best materials and features for your specific environment while maintaining a safe and OSHA compliant solution for your shop.
Typical Applications Safety Pit Covers
- Open pits
- Way covers
- Chemical tanks
- Water treatment facilities
- Auto maintenance shops
- Concrete foundations
- Stainless Steel
- Durable, corrosion-resistant stainless steel sheets
- Withstands high ambient temperatures
- Completely resistant to penetration of contaminants
- Walk-on versions available
- AGS (mini, I, II)
- Anodized aluminum profiles & hinges
- High strain resistance even in long lengths
- Walk-on versions available (types I, II)
- Aluminum profiles w/ polyurethane hinges
- When rolled out, creates a flush surface (ideal for wipers)
- Resistant to high temperatures
- Resistant to corrosion
- Light curtains
- Optical perimeter fencing
- Laser sensors
- Pressure pad
- Guard rails
- Leading edge sensors
- Limit switches
- Non-skid paint/tape
Top: Pit cover shown with dip tank (dip tank in black)
Bottom: Pit cover/dip tank fitted into the concrete pit where it operates
Pit cover FAQ's
DO PITS IN WORKPLACES OR WORKSHOPS HAVE TO BE PROTECTED?
The covering or securing of open pits is necessary for overall facility safety. The measures to protect against falls and falling objects include:
- Workplaces and traffic routes where there is a risk of employees falling or objects falling must be provided with protective devices that prevent employees from falling or being injured by falling objects. If protective devices against falls are not suitable due to the nature of the workplace or the work to be carried out, the employer must ensure the safety of the employees through other effective measures.
- There is a risk of falling from a height of more than 1 meter.
WHICH PIT COVER IS THE RIGHT ONE?
Depending on the requirements of your pit and the work area, the choice of material for your cover will vary. Our safety devices made of aluminum and stainless steel are stable and easy to care for, protect against damage and dirt, and are automated. Please contact us for your specific request.